HRX Group CEO Pekka Mykkänen
- The HRX transport group is an internationally well-known company. You have representative offices in the Scandinavian countries, the Baltics and Poland. What is the key for success of the family business HRX?
At the heart of our success lies our extensive network of operations, designed with our customers in mind. Our specialization lies in providing overnight international deliveries with a focus on Nordic and Baltic countries. With unwavering dedication, we carry out these deliveries every single working day, without exception, all year round, 24/7/365.
What sets us apart and delights our customers is our remarkable speed, simplicity, and reliability. As a shipping partner, we take pride in being fast, making the process easy, and ensuring that customers can always count on us for a seamless shipping experience.
- You are the CEO, HRX group of companies. What motivated you to accept such a responsible position?
Logistics is my true passion and the core of my career. Working with HRX’s outstanding team of logistics professionals has made my role more manageable and fulfilling. I am inspired by our transparent work culture, where everyone is aligned with our goals and strategic solutions. Being part of HRX allows me to thrive both professionally and personally.
- Since 2014, AS HRX has supported the region’s largest car and motorcycle race, HRX Estonian Grand Prix. Most of the time as the name sponsor, i.e. as the main supporter, and also in 2023. Why do you choose to do this? Is the annual cooperation with the organization team of the competitions so good that it is not advisable to step aside?
As you mentioned, the HRX Estonian Grand Prix holds the distinction of being the largest race in the region. Considering that our operations thrive at the very heart of this area, it’s only natural for us to wholeheartedly support events of such magnitude. Motor racing beautifully aligns with our company’s core values, where speed and reliability play pivotal roles in achieving success.
In addition to the HRX Estonian Grand Prix, we have also established partnerships in various other sports across the Baltics, like Mountain Bike Marathons, due to their alignment with our strategic approach. This commitment to sports reflects our dedication to fostering long-term, mutually beneficial cooperation.
- What is your first memory and emotion about racing cars on a circuit?
Ever since my early childhood days, I was captivated by the world of motor racing. It was back in 1982 when I witnessed the exhilarating moment of Keke Rosberg securing his world championship title, and from that point on, my passion for motorsports knew no bounds. I have remained an ardent fan ever since.
- Which competition class are you most looking forward to at HRX Estonian Grand Prix 2023 and why?
While I enjoy all of them, if I had to pick just one, I’d go with Legends. The reason being, these cars are technically identical, which creates an intensely thrilling competition with numerous competitors on the track simultaneously. Moreover, I’ve been fortunate enough to experience firsthand the excitement of testing Legend cars myself, adding to the allure of this particular category.
- What exciting things can we expect from motorsport circuit races in the future and where do you think this sport is developing at the moment?
Motor sports are destined to maintain their immense popularity. However, a significant challenge that motor sports face today is their reliance on fossil fuels. Nevertheless, I am optimistic that this issue will soon be addressed through greener alternatives, initially transitioning to fuels derived from renewable sources and eventually incorporating synthetic fuels within a few years.
Despite these advancements towards sustainability, I firmly believe that the essence of motor sports lies in the powerful sound of the engine. Therefore, combustion engines will continue to thrive on race tracks, ensuring that the thrilling auditory experience remains an integral part of the sport.
- If we compare racing and the provision of transport services, what common values do they share?
Above all, both endeavors share a common foundation rooted in teamwork. While the spotlight often shines on the driver, it is crucial to acknowledge that every success is a product of an exceptional team working cohesively behind the scenes.
Moreover, both fields hold the intrinsic value of embracing the learning process through mistakes. It is through these valuable lessons that growth and progress are achieved.
Finally, speed and reliability stand as paramount elements in both endeavors.
- If you could talk to any race driver about his experiences and life, which driver would it be?
I’d pick Ayrton Senna to ask about his groundbreaking methods that led to his unparalleled success in racing.
- What do you want to say to all the spectators?
Experience the pinnacle of motor sports at the best event of the year! Stroll through the vibrant pitlane, interact with teams and drivers, and create cherished memories. Don’t forget to bring your kids along – it’s an ideal opportunity to introduce them to this extraordinary sport and forge unforgettable family moments!